Earlier last year, Nordic Games announced that Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, a remastered version of Darksiders II that would include all the DLC. Now Nordic Games is bringing the original Darksiders to the Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Wii U. Titled Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (can you even call these names puns?), it will be releasing October 25th 2016 and be priced at 19.99 US/EUR and 14.99 GBP.
Details for the remastering are:
- -Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- -4k support and additional video options for PC
- -Doubled all the texture resolutions
- -Rendering improvements and rework
- -Better shadow rendering quality
- -Post processing effects
- -60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Wii U will be 30 FPS
If you missed out on Darksiders originally, you’ve got your chance to play and optimized version of it in a few months. Now I’m kind of glad I never got around to it on the Xbox 360 so I can play this version instead.
We’ll have some side-by-side comparison shots next week, but in the meantime, here are a few screens and the box art.